tabs

Friday, May 9, 2014

DIY Mother's Day Card- Easy and Simple

Hooray It's Saturday! And tomorrow is Mother's Day!




Every year I spend hours and hours thinking, searching what better gift to give my mama for this special day, But I always find my self doing the same thing. PERSONALIZED DIY MOTHER's DAY CARD, with my hand-written letter. It doesn't cost anything to show how much you care.It sometimes come with a cake, a chocolate, some flowers, or dine out with the family. And though words are not enough to let her know how much she means to me, I still would like to do something for her every mother's day, and write her a letter from the bottom of my heart.

 I started making letters of love since I was 4, if i'm not mistaken. I would make paper heart cut outs from red art papers and paste them into folded sheets of bond papers. My mom is a keeper- of cards too! She keeps important love letters and pictures of us when we were still young and they always make me smile when I see them now.

 Here is one of the first cards I made:


My mama is a big fan of chocolates and any other chocolate-flavored stuff. LOL . So Im planning on bringing her to LOVE DESSERTS. An unlimited desserts restaurant in Banawe, Quezon City. I'm writing a separate post about them after our visit. They have a Mother's Day Promo too! for moms coming on May 10. We can't do it on Sunday so we're going there on Monday. I made my own stub for the restaurant to add a little cuteness to the card. Details below.

Now, to the card. If you have different kinds of papers, craft tools and designs then you can use those. Purchased mine at National Bookstore.

Materials:
-colored papers (i chose pastel colors) my mama's favorite color is green so more green :D
-colored folder
-scissors
-printer
-glue
-pen

1. I searched the web and printed out details I want to put on my card. Texts, images, patterns, tags that says happy mother's day, etc. You may also print out a picture with your mom and add it to your card.


 Cut them out.

2. Lay my folder on the table. Instead of the plain smooth folders, I chose the one with some texture to it. I positioned the pattern and the writing paper template and estimate the size I wanted. I used about 3/4 of the folder for the length.



 3. I then cut the folder to my desired size and start pasting the patterns and some little details. This is how mine turned out,


 

The outside.              The inside, where I can write my message

3. For the "stubs". I searched for a sample ticket stub on the web and did some editing on photoshop.
I put the love desserts logo on the right so she gets the idea of our "date", though i'm not sure of she knows about the place, hahaha :P You can also do this for a movie marathon, or a spa date with her. Anything that you think will make her smile :)

4. For the envelope. I chose a different color than green, peach :)I made a "pocket" to put the stubs in. Then put one of the printouts and added a small heart in the middle.






DONE!


Don't forget to add your own message. You don't need to be poetic, as long as it comes from your heart. That's all that matters . Enjoy your mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment